Did you know normally I find you funny
clever and quick witted?
Did you know I think your intelligence
is a thing of beauty?
But sometimes it becomes sharp
egotistical and mean.
Sometimes it hurts me, as I am sure
it is intended to do.
I could have ignored the sarcasm
pretended not to hear,
But instead I chose to get revenge
with sarcasm of my own.
I should have known that wouldn’t work
with someone as clever as you.
I just ended up feeling defeated and sad,
I am not as strong as you.
I could have called you out, scolded you
Maybe I did, I don’t recall.
I could have told you how wrong you were
and how disparaged you made me feel.
At this point, however
I don’t think it would mean anything to you.
I could have been absurd about it
yes, that’s what I should have done.
Turn the meanness into silliness.
but I am not quick enough
to be inane enough with you.
I suppose I could have identified
why I frustrate you, why you’ve changed,
but the problem with this option
is I don’t really know the truth.
There are things that happened
that frustrated us both
Our personalities seem to clash
but really, that is no excuse.
I could have revised your comment
so maybe you would understand
the simplicity of my views,
Changed your own wording
to reflect a more respectful truth.
I could have just told you
that your attitude is painful
But really the only end result
I can see to end my misery
is to avoid the future chiding
and let your simmering anger
remain one of life’s mysteries
- Sarcasm (ask.metafilter.com)
- Day 12 – I AM Sarcastic (allthingsnadine.wordpress.com)
- Sarcasm (khalilbodhi.wordpress.com)
- Extreme adjectives (offbeatenglish.wordpress.com)
- Day 114 (Sarcasm) (lisabrandenburg.wordpress.com)
- Old Rage 3: The P. S.A!!! (ragetoliveby.wordpress.com)
- Dear Hipster, Sarcasm, (myhipsterdiary.wordpress.com)
- The Beauty of Sarcasm (bristolianteenhere.wordpress.com)
- Why I Use Sarcasm Wisely (metalmellowdee.wordpress.com)
- Generational blame and sarcasm (andcollegeministry.com)